View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 12:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Flash View Post
I have run into this engine oil heat issue as well. It seems that even with the 34 row coolers we can’t keep our temps down.

I Track mostly down in south Texas at MSR Houston where we have seen track surface temps at 120F-130F at the hottest with 90F summer days. Even on a 55F day I hit 240F oil temp while short shifting to keep temps down.

From what I have read around the forum I would need two 34 row oil coolers just to keep my temps at 240F-260F on a hot day. It Seems to me that the AAM Oil to water cooler would be best in most applications with tracks in the south.

Is there a reason this hasn’t been used more?

P.S. I understand that automotive oil has a goldilocks area around 212F +/- 10F and it seems that air to oil heat exchangers cannot properly cool our oil to anywhere within that range.

TL: DR : Why not use Oil to Water coolers??
Because it just moves the heat issue to the cooling system of the car. Aftermarket radiators are sketchy at best. They always spring leaks.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote