View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 07:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
ayrton88
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370Z
ayrton88 has much to be proud ofayrton88 has much to be proud ofayrton88 has much to be proud ofayrton88 has much to be proud ofayrton88 has much to be proud ofayrton88 has much to be proud ofayrton88 has much to be proud ofayrton88 has much to be proud ofayrton88 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulNYz View Post
I get a burnt rubber smell almost everyday and I'm certain that I don't slip the clutch. I drive with SRM on so I can basically let the clutch out really quick between shifts and it feels as smooth as an auto. Not much slippage at all. It takes me about 5-10 ft to get going from a stop and I rarely go above 1200 RPM when starting from a stop. Car also has only 13k on it.

The only time I don't smell it is when it's less than 20 degrees out. The funny thing is, I can only really smell it when the air is on (AC or no AC; goes away with re-circulation on).

When I sniff around the bottom of the windshield (on the outside, where it meets the plastic near the hood) after driving, I smell it there. When I pop the hood after driving, I cannot smell it under the hood or near the transmission. I think I have almost narrowed it down to the plastic below the windshield or just some plastic or rubber somewhere near the cats getting heated up and wafting up into the cabin air system.

Sorry for the big write up, I've just been trying to figure out the cause for a long time lol.
That is where mine smells as well. I really didn't think I was abusing the clutch just backing into my parking space, but I can't think of anything else.
I haven't been driving the Z much this winter so I can't speak about any temperature relation, but it has warmed up here.
ayrton88 is offline   Reply With Quote