View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 08:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Eagle
Track Member

Drives: 2011 370z Red 6MT
Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erob View Post
I appreciate the replies. I know excess heat is not your friend so the question that comes to my mind is; How well is the 370Z engine engineered to handle the 210-220 temps during "normal" daily driving and do so over a long period of time? Look into your crystal ball. I mainly drive Spring - Fall, temps range 65 - 95, interstate, mountain roads or small amount of stop and go traffic. I live in a small town area. If I installed the 25 row cooler what could I expect my oil temps to drop to? Same question for a 34 row? From what I've read the oil temp should not be lower than 180. Thanks again. Trying to learn.
Its engineered well enough to run 210-220 without issue. The ECU hits limp mode around 265 to prevent damage, so if Nissan programmed it to kick in at that point you have a lot of room for error.

Assuming you get either oil cooler your temps will drop but will not stay lower than 180 if you get it with the thermostatic sandwich. The thermostat will only open once you hit 180, allowing the cool oil to now flow through the lines and into the engine. If you're still concerned about it getting too cold, you can place a block off plate in front of the oil cooler to further prevent it from cooling.

Temp drops are usually around 20 degrees during normal driving. So taking my example from earlier, 90 degrees in traffic w/o oil cooler...240. Same conditions with oil cooler, 220 at most. Difference between the 25 row and 34 row is not how much of a drop in temps you'll see, but rather how much longer it can keep the temperatures from rising.

nismo| EVO-R High Wing | Stillen Gen 3 CAI | SEIBON TS Hood | Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler | VMR 810 Wheels | Endless MX72 Pads |Sabelt GT-140 Seat |Fly1Motorsports RS1 Fenders | Hotchkis Front Sway Bar | Berk HFC |
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote