View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 11:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
G3RSTY7
Base Member

Drives: Infiniti G37s 6MT
G3RSTY7 is on a distinguished road
Default Aluminum 1pc driveshaft vibration at speed

I just replaced the stock 2 piece driveshaft for a 1 piece aluminum. Everything was fine before I just wanted it for performance reasons and had a shop do it when upgrading the stock VLSD to a Nismo 1.5 way. Tonight I had my music blaring and the sound overcame the music at speed. Then I noticed the sound starts at 60mph and gets really strong by 80 and beyond. It’s speed not gear related I can push in clutch and sound continues.
I’ve contacted DSS about the issue so we’ll say what they say, any thoughts here? Also main reason I posted is because I’ve heard people talk about vibration issues with the 1 piece but when I search google and the forums I do not find actual examples. Have heard of horror stories on Mustangs though. And maybe no wonder why Z1 discontinued their driveshaft brand. Have a feeling this problem wont get resolved. FML
Also sorry my bad just remembered I’m on the 370z forum don’t you guys have a CF driveshaft stock? Sorry I just revert to this site for technical info since it’s mostly stance kings on g37