View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 08:55 PM   #56 (permalink)
BoneZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 Silver Thang
BoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
BoneZ!!!!!!! The tip about the milkshake is going to be key. I installed the sub, sprayed soapy water all over the enclosure, pressed on the cone and BAM! Imperceptibly tiny pin holes like EVERYWHERE. Will definitely be picking up some extra body filler and resin tomorrow. Can't imagine how this might have affected previous enclosures... though previous enclosures included a lot more layers as they were much much larger.

I have no idea. I am going to wrap the sides with some foam and hope it fits in tightly enough to stay put.

If I anchor it to a panel I'll need to mod the trunk mats to ensure I can access the spare tire.
Awesome. In my experience, I had to use less hardener than I expected. I used the liquid from the resin, not the paste from the Bondo. My first shake turned into a bowling ball before I could get it into the enclosure. Need to keep it flowing for a bit to soak into all the crannies.