View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stanfillt
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z Nismo
Stanfillt is on a distinguished road
Default Service engine soon light and water temp issues

Hey hoping someone can help me identify what’s going on with my 2009 nismo. I was recently in a wreck where I hydroplaned and shot off the freeway. My front bumper was ripped off during the incident causing some damage to various parts (see photo). The shop claims to have fixed the following issues; windshield fluid reservoir (replaced), front power steering plug, front body radiator support (cracked), power steering oil cooler (replaced), and cooling system vacuum fill along with some body work.

I got my car back from the shop a couple weeks ago and just Friday my service engine soon light came on. I immediately pulled over, checked all my fluids and everything. After not seeing anything wrong I proceeded to drive home while keeping an eye on my gauges. I noticed my water temp gauge was bouncing all over the place. Jumping from normal to high back to normal, then slowly creeping up and down (see video). Upon getting home, I let the car cool down and then I checked my radiator fluids. The reservoir was slightly above max, and the radiator was empty. I filled it up with water, drove it around the block to get it up to temp, shut it down and checked the fluids again when it cooled. I noticed it was slightly lower. I looked down inside the bumper underneath the radiator and saw some coolant spray marks on the underside (pic). I’ve since parked the car and trying to get ahold of the shop to see if they will investigate but of course they are closed weekends.

Any thoughts?
Stanfillt is offline   Reply With Quote