View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 12:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
NorthStyle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmz79 View Post
so I wanted it install air intakes and then get manifolds for my 370z and later on get a turbo kit, but i saw the greddy kit has intakes already and also need headers, so my question was if i get an air intake and then get a turbo kit would i be able to use it rather than the one the kit comes with?
i also was hoping you guys could explain what dump pipes and external wastegates are and why they are needed thanks
If you're planning on going forced induction, do yourself a favor and just save your money and put it towards the turbo/supercharger kit you want. All of the kits come with their own manifolds and intake systems so all you'd be doing is losing money when you have to sell the mods you previously purchased at a loss.

As for the pieces that the kits are made up of: read up on the different kits (FI, AAM, BP, VSR, etc.) and then use google/youtube/forums/questions to increase your knowledge. Forced induction isn't something you want to go into clueless as that's the best way to destroy your motor and/or bank account.
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote