Thread: Yay! Trackspec!
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 10:39 AM   #28 (permalink)
Felix 808
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 PW/Grey T/S 7AT
Felix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Yeah, mine are sitting in my garage waiting for me to grow the balls to start cutting holes in my hood. ......
The problem is that the cost of a replacement hood is more than the cost of having someone who knows what they're doing put them in.
Hey Chuck, cutting the hood is the easy part, it's the layout work that is the nerve racking part & can drive you batty. Take your time in the prep work. You can make templates with card board. Tape the hood to prevent / minimize splintering of the paint Small die-grinder & take your time. I'm sure there is a good 1/2" of flange on those to cover any jagged slips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Speed View Post
Just remember, "measure twice, cut once". Ok Measure three times!!
Good advice. Remeber, you have 1 shot at getting it right & in this case 3 chances to muck it up

Good luck

Μολὼν λαβέ
Felix 808 is offline   Reply With Quote