View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 07:50 AM   #53 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcquinn49 View Post
My 2011 Z failed today. My car won't start and the alert is showing. Only, my steering wheel is not locked. I can move the wheel. But car won't start. is the fix the same as described here, to hit the steering wheel lock under the wheel? My car is two miles from home now in a parking lot. Also, what happens if you just pull the fuse? Does that disable the lock and allow the car to start?
It's worth a try to bang on it for a while.

If the ESCL is bad, pulling the fuse at this point will just make things worse. See link in my sig.