View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 04:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aireoh View Post
well i don’t think you can repair the crank better than what i did while it’s installed in the engine.
And, realistically, you probably can't do better with the crank out. Take it to someone who can determine if the crank (and the clutch/flywheel) can be fixed. Going by the pics, my guess is that the crank is scrap metal. And I wouldn't be surprised if the clutch/flywheel hasn't been damaged beyond repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aireoh View Post
i’m still searching around for options, but going back to the swapping out the motor + new clutch and flywheel sounds best.
Get a professional opinion on the condition of the crank (and clutch/flywheel) before replacing everything (they may be able to tell from the pics). A real machinist might be able to fix it.