View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 07:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
Small update...

Trimmed up the mold..

At first I thought I would do an all plywood baffle... but it would have to be double layer so I could flush mount the sub and would be difficult to glass in and probably a little heavy.. Instead I decided to do a mounting ring and glass it in.

Cutting out rings with a jig saw is much faster than setting up a router and jasper jig..but there is something so sweet about perfect circles.

Set up with some wood glue and brad nails..

While waiting for that to dry and I ground out some of the really bad air bubbles in the mold and patched them over with a few layers of cloth.

Will see about glassing in the baffle tonight after my girl goes to bed... what do you guys think so far?
I think you should have made two (just kidding). Looks good so far. Hurry up and finish it so I can give you crap for not making me one.
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote