View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
jsavvy
Base Member

Drives: 14 370z MB 6MT
jsavvy is on a distinguished road
Default Rear Hatch Button Issues After Bumper Swap

Wasnt sure which section to post this and I definitely tried to search.

I recently just sold my stock rear bumper and like an idiot I included all of the license plate lights, assembly, wiring harness and rear hatch button.

So I got my 15 nismo rear bumper and re purchased all of the assembly. The license plate lamps work fine but the hatch release button does not work at all, no signs of life.

Does it need to be reprogrammed with my key or should it still open the hatch when the doors are unlocked? I also noticed on the wiring harness they sold me, there is an extra female connection that is exactly the same as the trunk release. I tried to plug the trunk release into both, of course, but with no avail.

Is there another sensor or something that plugs into the harness? Besides the plug that plugs into the cars wiring harness, there are 4 other female connections on the harness extension, 2 license plate lamps, 1 hatch release button and ????

Also on the assembly for all that stuff, to attach it to the bumper, they gave me these silver clips with a hole in it. Does a screw or bolt also go into the clip? The diagram of the assembly online only shows the clips, i noticed they dont usually include the hardware that is also needed in the diagrams and part numbers.

Thanks for any insight or help
jsavvy is offline   Reply With Quote