View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
pty370z
Track Member

Drives: over the speed limit
pty370z will become famous soon enoughpty370z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikhead View Post
If it helps, this is what I'm working on right now:

Been building custom sub-box in the spare tire to replace the Bose sub, which contains a Pioneer 10" shallow sub.
Pioneer 6.75" components to go in the doors and tweeters on the dash.
Alpine MRP-F300 to power all three: 50 watts to the components and bridging the 3/4 channels to power the sub which is 150 watts.
AudioControl LC6i to clean up the signals from the Bose amp then to the Alpine amp.
Continue to use the Bose head unit for now; will add a new head unit later.
All the pieces cost me around $440.
The wiring, building the box...probably around $100 because I'm reusing some wiring, adding in some new wiring/pieces, the MDF, liquid nails, screws, poly-fill, broken bits, etc.
Thanks for your input..

I'm actually trying to not buy a woofer and a separate amplifier, the build a custom box, etc.....

I was looking into using an amp/woofer combo like the ones I listed on the first post of this thread... I think it will suit my bass needs...

My other issue is on what to do for the speakers in the front and whether to use the tweeters or simply forget about them and use 4-way speakers in the doors powered directly from the headunit with no amp for the speakers... Not sure how that setup would sound...
Exterior: INGS+1 * SEIBON * FUJIMURA * PW:JDM * UAM * KICS * VOLK
pty370z is offline   Reply With Quote