View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Trips
Administrator

Drives: 🔰
Trips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by armensti View Post
so just got back from the dealer and they checked the car and told me that the timing of the engine is off. i asked them what could have caused the problem and they said that it might have been the oil. i told them that i used redline 5w30 and the mechanic said thats the problem. he said he had another maxima with the same problem and he also had a 370z at 12k miles with the same problem. They used different oil too. I dont know what to do any ideas?
Maybe your oil level could have Been low? Causing the engine light to come on and the ecu sensing it also causing your original problem, have you checked the level? if so, then I don't know? other than dumping the oil, and filling it up with ester oil... that was a strange diagnosis...

http://www.the370z.com/payments.php
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote