View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 01:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
MaysEffect
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Infiniti FX35
MaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbc749 View Post
I would happily swap my Z's drivetrain for the drivetrain out of a Model S. Nissan just needs to figure out that electric cars need to be fun, then bring the Z car back that way. Problem is every company except Tesla makes s*** slow electric cars. Nismo Leaf at least attempts to not be ugly and boring, but 8 second 0-60 isn't enough to make me give up my Z. Now the original Tesla Roadster on the other hand. I'd take that over the Z. or at the same time, or idk, at least it makes it a tough choice.
Not really a logical comparison. The leaf is a $20k ecobox, Tesla makes $60k+ luxury sports cars. The motors are bigger the battery capacity is significantly larger and the power conversion is greater. The fastest top of the line tesla is over 120k$. Its like comparing a Versa to a Gt-r. Just because they share similar technology doesn't mean much. Ultimately large corporations can't/won't take the risk like Tesla is doing investing unnecessary amounts of money into a different business model.

This is a pretty daft argument for the average joe, but Tesla's are not the fastest cars overall. They are fastest where it counts (0-60mph). Outside of this, supercars of similar price have no problem running it down to 80-140+mph. Again, something that is relatively unimportant in the real world on regulated streets considering anything over 80mph should be jail time in America. Luckily it's just a expensive fine at the least.
MaysEffect is offline   Reply With Quote