View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
dalparadise
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 Z Roadster T/S
dalparadise is on a distinguished road

I agree with the OP that Solid Red would complement the lines of the Roadster very nicely. I've observed that red does tend to fade over time, though, even with care. I have avoided it, because it's such a charged and polarizing color. On a very few cars -- particularly sports/roadsters I think it's great. On others, it's a dog.

Magnetic Black would be beautiful on this car. I've owned two black convertibles -- an MZ3 and a 330CiC. Both were easier to maintain than hardtop black cars because all the paintwork is low and is in large areas that don't require as much finely detailed cleaning -- essentially, you reduce your work by about half. Make no mistake, though, you will have to work to maintain the finish. I used to carry a bottle of Quick Detailer and a towel in the trunk for emergencies. I also found I was waxing more frequently than I ever had with lighter cars, probably because the results were so much more rewarding.

The Roadster is a bit of a different animal than the Coupe, in terms of aesthetics. I think the Roadster has a bit more refined looks and benefits from more elegant color choices -- shades of gray or dark, rich colors. That said, I've seen the white over black Roadster on this board and it really caught my eye -- I'd rank it among my top three choices. So maybe my color theories are full of sh!t.

In the end, if you can keep it up, MB will pay dividends in WOW factor. Beautiful, elegant -- it's sporty and refined. You're just as good at a 5-star restaurant as you are at a club.

SR is more the racer set. It's pretty, but it's begging to be noticed -- not quite as sure of itself. Definitely leans more toward the club or weekend cruising and may actually require more care than black over the long haul, if applicable.

Between those two, I'd go for black.

Platinum Graphite got my heart racing, though.

Last edited by dalparadise; 01-23-2010 at 10:57 AM.
dalparadise is offline   Reply With Quote