View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
JDZ
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370z 2012
JDZ is on a distinguished road
Default Z1 CSC Elimination failure

Hello everyone, I kind of lurk around these forums for most of my answers on my Z. Last night I had an issue I am not 100% sure what happened. I was driving home in traffic from work, I was stopped, I was pushing down the clutch pedal to put it in first, suddenly the clutch pedal hit the floor, it did not stick to the floor and would freely move back and forth with no pressure behind it. I have the Z1 CSC Elim kit, and understand how its supposed to work. I looked at the master cylinder and clutch pedal just to make sure nothing odd was going on there and it all looks fine. Checked the reservoir and it was only slightly lower than usual.

So here is where I need everyone's input. I think the the rod connecting the the slave cylinder broke loose or sheered off a bolt that connected to the fork in the bell housing.

There is no fluid leaks that I could see, car is lowered and I was not able to look under it to well, but I retraced my movement and did not see any.

Clutch pedal is not stuck to the floor, and you cannot pump it to regain pressure.

You can still turn off the ignition, and put it in any gear without using the clutch without issue.

There was a slight binding in the clutch pedal leading up to this for a few months. The pedal would feel like it kind of grinding on something as it goes through the motions, which is what really bothers me because my dumb *** could have probably prevented this if I inspected this component during my oil changes.

What do you think it is?

Last edited by JDZ; 12-13-2017 at 09:40 AM.
JDZ is offline   Reply With Quote