View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 04:54 AM   #23 (permalink)
Cyber370
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Nismo 6MT
Cyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond repute

I installed the axle back on Saturday and couldn't be happier. The install was extremely simple because everything fit perfectly. The fit and finish is spot on and it did not require any adjusting or shims. The exhaust tips went on without issue except the band clamps required extreme tightening for the tips to stay in place. The band clamps could've been a better quality. I will probably replace them with better quality clamps next spring.

Since it was relatively nice last Saturday, I took my car out of storage and went for a quick drive. I was pleasantly surprised as soon as I started it up. I was greeted with a deeper growl and I could now actually hear the exhaust with the windows down unlike the previous Nismo muffler which was the quietest muffler I've ever had on any car. Even my '17 Maxima has a louder OEM exhaust. I don't know what Nissan were thinking.

Anyways, it really comes alive at WOT. It's just loud enough for my tastes. There is 0 drone and is very quiet at idle. As someone else stated, I would agree that it's about 25% louder than stock.

Here are some pics. I did not get a chance to make a video, unfortunately. I'll probably do that next spring since it is now back in storage and we are being hit with a major snow storm.

IMG_1865-1.jpg

IMG_1858-1.jpg