View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 10:34 PM   #357 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jim Wolf Cam testing for the VQ37VHR -- Results inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
Just take it to MaMotorsports

I have to concur. IPP has been a bit of a disappointment. I installed their heads and reinstalled my complete rebuild only to discover their valve lash is out of spec, and my motor is pretty loud (and self destructive) up there. My go to guy at the Nissan dealer is telling me me I need to relash the heads. (15 hours labor).

Z1 agrees.
My local speed shop guy concurs.
IPP is mulling it over.

So... it looks like I might be dropping in the V2 cam after all (considering I have to rebuild the head anyway)

That’s not good.

Anyhow IPP may usually pretty good, but...
1. It took them months to get my head back (understandably due to Houston flooding) still...
2. They did not know about the V2 cam and when I asked them about it were a bit evasive. (I would definitely gone to MA had I known IPP was clueless about the new cam. I directly asked IPP if they were purltting in the new JWT second generation cam and they said they were.
3. When I complained about a loud head and sent them a video clip with the pretty bad cam knock, they initially said “that can’t be our head!” Well it was.
4. They did not accept my “cores” which were fine, and charged me for new ones. That seemed a bit fishy. They said I over disassembled the heads for shipping? Maybe that is a thing but it seemed strange
5. IPP asked me to check my chain followers they were fine. IPP asked me to check the VVEL (cam phasers), they were fine (checked by dealer). Now they are asking me to check the lash, and I am but they are very obviously out. All this is costing time and money. I think IPP is in denial a bit.

I am reserving judgment on IPP depending on how they offer to remedy the complete mess they have made of my heads, and I understand any shop can goof it up, but I’ve had a very substandard experience so far and my Z is still out of action 4 months later (awaiting a rebuild of those goofed up IPP heads.)

...and I’m probably going to have to repurchase JWT cams to run the V2... and a reflash... and a retune... not the end of the world, but an expensive bummer. 3000 bucks to fix all this I’d guess.

I’m not a big complainer usually, but this has been pretty rough.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix

Last edited by SurfDog; 12-11-2017 at 10:41 PM.
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote