View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 09:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
OldGuy
Base Member

Drives: '09370Z Red Base A7
OldGuy has a spectacular aura aboutOldGuy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by WICKED_GRIN View Post
This is a big decision where a mistake is going to be with me for several years. I’m having a hard time deciding on which Roadster color to get, the red or the black! Red has always been the iconic color for sport cars and I have owned several “reds” in the past. The new Roadster looks good in all the colors but my decision is now between the Solid Red and the Magnetic Black. We all heard the personal testimonies and opinions about black cars which is probably the reason why I have never owned a black car. Are the paint swirls really that bad? Does is always look dirty? I’m looking forward to any comments and humorous opinions.
I buy only red cars---I have a red Miata, a red Altima coupe, a red Z. The color is bright and that is incidentally a safety plus. Red is warm and less delicate to deal with, maintenance wise, than black. Red has always been an appropriate color for sporty cars. For what its worth, I notice that Nissan seems to often present the Z in red. Red will not be a handicap for you when you re-sell or trade, as black might be.
OldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote