View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 07:33 AM   #23 (permalink)
AstatenateZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
AstatenateZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Get your front rotors cut. Rotors do warp. Put a dial indicator on them and watch the runout. You already tried to bed the pads and that didn't work.

The vibrations that you are feeling that come and go is from the road surface. Different type of surfaces will produce different vibrations. Mine on grooved concrete is terrible. Smooth concrete is better. Fresh blacktop is great.
But it didn’t do it before, same roads / interstate I drive everyday to / from work. Only started doing it recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Maybe it isn't rotor deposits. It's a common cause of vibration but not the only one. If you still think a rotor may be warped, check run-out, as per Rusty.
I will check run-out when I can! But if it is a warped rotor I’m not getting them cut or anything. Just deal with it for a couple more months and get new rotors + pads!

I also went ahead and got some hub rings (aluminum) heard they’re better than the poly carb kind due to poly carbs melting. Not to say that’s it but figured it’s worth a shot. My aftermarket wheels don’t have them and it definitely doesn’t sit properly when the wheel is just sitting on lugs. It fixes a little but no way it can be 100% perfect even when torqued with that gap there. So I will see if that helps. Wheels are 73.1 and hub is 66.1 so I got the 73.1 to 66.1 should be here this weekend / Monday! If that doesn’t help. Then I’ll go into checking rotors / brake system more !
AstatenateZ is offline   Reply With Quote