View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 11:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
StevenSlice
Track Member

Drives: Like an idiot
StevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF736 View Post
I want to get out to one of the advanced driving schools with the car as stock as it is so I can really understand how the upgrades I will eventually be doing affect the car's power and handling. I think it will be fun to see how the car progresses, knowing what it was like in the beginning.

From the feedback I have been getting so far and the reading I have been doing I think my first real performance upgrade will be wheels and tires. I know a LSD will be in the future for sure along with brakes and brake lines.

Good luck on your build. I had an 05 Corvette that I had bought used and I know your pain when it comes to trying to get a used car back up to a higher standard. I ended up trading the vette in for the new Z instead of continuing to chase other peoples abuse and misuse issues. The 05 vette parts were hard to find and expensive when i could find them.

Your Z looks good and parts are plentiful and reasonably priced. I'm looking forward to following your thread and seeing your progress.
Believe it or not just a basic autocross or track day is all you need, just make friends with people out there and you will learn a lot.

Thanks! The car had a matte blank paintjob and the headlights were SUPER YELLOW. Now its got a gloss and clear lights after a full weekend of buffing and fun.

Wheels + Tires definitly make a huge difference. I got a sponsored deal on mine and from the base 225/245, 275/285 made the car handle waaay better. Get the sport calipers off rock auto for like $500. People hate that theyre reman'd but they work all the same. Just no shanzzy colour. Some agressive pads and either high carbon blanks or 2 peice rotors. IMO stay away from RBF600 if you get brakes and get Castrol SRF. Much better fluid, pricey, but worlds better.

LSD is on my list, but 2k is a lot to spend on a budget, so we will both suffer there

Although only thing i can say, which is a personal belief. Go back and do the tiny decor mods later. The 100$ or so youve spent on the gtr button and lights is half the price of some adjustable SPL arms. Im a firm believer of a pretty track car, but make it ride right before making it pretty :P