View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 10:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
CF736
Base Member

Drives: 17 Nissan 370z 6M/T
CF736 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSlice View Post
Sad to say i bought a older model base with the same mindset. Youre going to see the crutch that is an open diff, and the dinky brakes as soon as you drive it with some authority. Neither of which are cheap to deal with for the most part.

However I am curious to see how you play this out! Ive had my 09 for a little under 6 months now and have it progressed relatively far from being a POS from the prev owner.
I want to get out to one of the advanced driving schools with the car as stock as it is so I can really understand how the upgrades I will eventually be doing affect the car's power and handling. I think it will be fun to see how the car progresses, knowing what it was like in the beginning.

From the feedback I have been getting so far and the reading I have been doing I think my first real performance upgrade will be wheels and tires. I know a LSD will be in the future for sure along with brakes and brake lines.

Good luck on your build. I had an 05 Corvette that I had bought used and I know your pain when it comes to trying to get a used car back up to a higher standard. I ended up trading the vette in for the new Z instead of continuing to chase other peoples abuse and misuse issues. The 05 vette parts were hard to find and expensive when i could find them.

Your Z looks good and parts are plentiful and reasonably priced. I'm looking forward to following your thread and seeing your progress.
CF736 is offline   Reply With Quote