View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 06:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
AstatenateZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
AstatenateZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 to 332 View Post
You mention that you have after-market 19" wheels ... but no hub rings. If all else fails, you may want to consider purchasing a set of hubcentric rings and then install the wheels with the rings in place and check for vibrations ... perhaps first with the spacers removed, and then with the spacers installed. Although not always necessary, the rings can help center the wheels during install. Also, I assume that you have the correct type of lug nuts for your wheels.
That was something else I thought of! Only thing I was thinking... was if it was hub rings it would do it with or without the HC spacers. And I don't remember my car juddering a month ago when I installed spacers or before. Just within the last couple weeks. Seeing as how the spacers are hub centric 66.1 just like the OEM Nissan hub (bore). But for like $10 a set, it wouldn’t hurt to try. Most I can rule out right now is wheels are balanced issue, struts / coil overs check out fine and alignment is good since it was done maybe a month ago and I've not hit any big bumps or done anything to knock it out of whack. I did brake bedding process and will report back tomorrow to see if braking judder has gone away, got better / worse ! Then I’ll pull spacers off front , see if that helps. Maybe try the hub rings see if it works. And if all that doesn’t work I’m gonna get new rotors in a few months and go over braking system, stuck pads, kinked brake lines something. That's about all I know of honestly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4oldcars View Post
Yeah, I don't think you could drive it spirited enough on the streets (without getting arrested ) to get them that hot. Maybe something like the Tail of the Dragon.
Not saying they may not be warped, just that it would more likely be a direct than something you did.
I'm just all caught up in this, like, "Enquiring minds want to know!". Lol.

Kirk B.
I agree! I’ve never had warped rotors. Not even on my sport bikes. And that thing I got way faster on and slowed down a lot faster too. So The Z should be good but idk. I’m not gonna rule out warped rotors just yet. I did do the 60-10 , 5 Times though! Read my below post to @SouthArk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Yes

Brake cleaner is for removing oil and grease, not baked on deposits.

I've heard of people using sandpaper to get rid of the glaze but padding is easier (and more fun).

Gotcha! Well okay I did about 5 , 60-10mph brakes on the last one they started to skip while stopping, like ABS was about to kick in so I stopped, got on interstate and drove home 10 or so mins. I had to touch my brakes lightly a couple times but NEVER completely stopped and let the pads sit on rotor. Even when I got home I coasted in driveway and pulled e-brake. I put my hand to rotor on the cooling fin area and it was warm but cool enough to touch so I’m assuming it got it’s good 60-10mph brakes in and properly cooled. So we shall see tomorrow if judder while braking has stopped, got better / worse, etc. Vibration from 65-80 are still there after bedding though just for the record.

Last edited by AstatenateZ; 12-06-2017 at 06:57 PM.
AstatenateZ is offline   Reply With Quote