View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 03:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
AstatenateZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
AstatenateZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4oldcars View Post
2 questions:
Have you run thru any deep water recently, as in deep enough to reach your rotors? It would have to be after getting the brakes really good and hot. That and braking like crazy and then parking it are the only easy way to warp rotors. They have to cool unevenly from damn near red for it to be a problem.
If you can (no clearance issues) have you tried running without the spacers to see if the problem goes away? Like you, I'm doubtful it's your problem, but anything you can totally eliminate is a plus.
Good luck!

Kirk B.
No! My cars way too low. I won’t drive it if it’s raining hard enough to flood. And I don’t drive hard in the rain my hatch area is gutted and with my camber and stance driving in the rain is sketchy enough lol but I have driven car (not too hard) then washed it. But I don’t think the brakes went from really hot to cold water. But I guess it’s possible.
But I have to admit I have driven it pretty hard and done some pretty tough braking and parked it. So it wouldn’t surprise me if they were warped. Again, I’ll try the bedding process but unsure if that’ll help if they’re truly warped. Just not sure how warped rotors would cause the judder while driving w/ NO brake pressure applied. But suppose it’s possible.

Yes I can pull front spacers off and check to see if it helps! To rule it completely out that was going to be my next thing on the list to rule out.
AstatenateZ is offline   Reply With Quote