View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 02:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
AstatenateZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
AstatenateZ is on a distinguished road

Also for an update, I went and had all 4 wheels re balanced only ONE (front) wheel was out. By a good bit. So I was like okay perfect, that’s the problem. Got on interstate. From 65-80 and it’s still doing it. About a 5-7 mile trip on interstate some parts of interstate was worse judder and some of it went away almost completely. And when applying brakes at 75-80mph it still judders until I get below 65mph and then it stops juddering.

So checked / rebalanced all wheels, still a judder just enough to be annoying, from 65-80mph anything 90+ it goes away. Anything below 60/65 ish it also goes away. Any braking above 70mph + also still causes steering wheel to judder / shake a little worse. Still doesn’t pull either direction, no burnt pad smell, so don’t think it’s a stuck caliper/pad. Rotors definitely seemed warped but gonna try the bedding method first. Any thing else it could be?

Ruled out unbalanced wheels , torque on lug nuts, going to try bedding process for rotors to see if that helps my judder when braking at least. If not still gonna go ahead and order new rotors + pads in Feb/March. Ruled out strut / coilover issues as they’re riding perfect and upon inspection with wheels off they appear just fine. I guess my spacers are a possibility but the fact I’ve had spacers installed theyre Z1 66.1mm hub bore made for Nissan front & rear and it didn’t start doing it (or got worse) within the last week or 2. Seems to me that’s not it either.

Not sure what else to look for or why the rotors being warped (if they really are) would cause it to do it when not applying brakes. But car definitely judders when NO brake pressure is applied and gets worse when brakes are applied.

Last edited by AstatenateZ; 12-06-2017 at 06:48 PM.
AstatenateZ is offline   Reply With Quote