Thread: Stroking it
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Whjaxn17
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 17 370Z 6MT
Whjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Right now the record is 360ish, and that was with a dry sump and a bunch of one-off parts. He was still a 3.7 but he was spinning it over 8k rpm on e85.

Anything's possible with a big enough wallet, but you might end up spending more than forced induction without all the torque.

If you bought a stroker kit, you'd likely need custom pistons since most buyers are using them with a turbo.
Ah, alright. So what could I realistically expect out of a NA 4.0? And wouldn't the longer stroke have more of an effect on torque than horsepower? Strictly for explanation purposes, but like how Corvettes tend to make the same horsepower and torque versus the Z being 330 and 270? I'm trying to learn and I just want something different. I know you've gotta pay to play in this game.

I don't care to spin it any faster or change compression, so could I keep the stock pistons and just change rods?
Whjaxn17 is offline   Reply With Quote