View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 06:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
mendoza_ms
Base Member

Drives: 370z, 300zx, GSXR600
mendoza_ms has a reputation beyond reputemendoza_ms has a reputation beyond reputemendoza_ms has a reputation beyond reputemendoza_ms has a reputation beyond reputemendoza_ms has a reputation beyond reputemendoza_ms has a reputation beyond reputemendoza_ms has a reputation beyond reputemendoza_ms has a reputation beyond reputemendoza_ms has a reputation beyond reputemendoza_ms has a reputation beyond reputemendoza_ms has a reputation beyond repute

December 3, 2017

I don't understand - replacing the VVEL should have fixed it. I finally got to the VVEL module and replaced it with the one i picked up from eBay.Removal of the harness from the VVEL module is a pain in the a**:

The way you do this is use a tiny flat head screw driver to pull out these white slider tabs from the big black connector. The connector comes out in steps (or feels like it comes out in steps), by that I mean you pull the white tabs out a bit and tug on the connector and repeat 3 times, pulling the white tabs out a bit further each time. The black male connector on the VVEL module has 4 studs that these white tabs lock onto.

Anyway, after replacing the module there was only a slight change in cranking the engine (I now get a p1606 pending and a P0300 pending in addition to the same p1606). Otherwise still no throttle response.

I tried pulling out and swapping the relays again, no effect either. I ran through the diagnostic/troubleshooting section in the FSM and all steps lead to "replace the module".

So, do I have 2 faulty VVEL modules?? AND two blown relays?? I am not getting codes for a relay, so It's unlikely, but possible. I am going to get a hold of the eBay seller and try my luck with an exchange... At this point I am defeated but I am not giving up... Since I need to pull the VVEL module out to get a replacement anyway, I might as well remove the intake manifold and check/replace the spark plugs - who knows.

Last edited by mendoza_ms; 12-04-2017 at 05:40 PM. Reason: editing, moving to new post
mendoza_ms is offline   Reply With Quote