View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 12:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Yup... unless you spend more time watching movies than listening to music, you're better off investing in a nice set of 6.5" components and taking the time to get the front speakers installed well. I didn't spend more than $250 with my Diamond components.

Plus, you'll need to drive it with a separate amplifier (I'm running 100Wx2 with my front components). The power from the head unit is not enough to drive these speakers to the fullest (i.e., sounds very muddy with inadequate amplifier power). It's not about loudness, but clean power and sound.