View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 06:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
z33kyle
Base Member

Drives: 08 350Z PPW 6MT
z33kyle is on a distinguished road
Default New 370Z Owner in Tennessee

Hello! So I have already posted in the new forum member sub-forum, but I wanted to post in here about my purchase so far.

So I traded this,

For this.

Long story but I needed to downgrade some. This will be my 5th Z car, and #3 to the current fleet.

I traded the Z06 in on the twenty first of November. I had barely put forty miles on the 370Z before I started hearing CSC/throw out bearing noises. I'm familiar with the noise, my 350Z always had the noise, and my 300ZX does too. However this was about 10 times louder than normal. My wife could hear it up stairs, while the car was idling in the garage.

So the next day I took it back to the dealership and refused to accept the car. They did good by me and sent it to the local Nissan dealership and gave me a loaner to drive around until they could make the deal right.

I called the Nissan dealership that following Friday, the twenty fourth, and the service writer told me it had a bad CSC. Which I kinda figured any way. So the dealership was going to replace the CSC free of charge. They told me to check back the following Wednesday. So i called my salesperson back on the twenty ninth and they told me that now I was getting a new transmission, and that I should have the car on Monday the fourth.

So my Z34 ownership has been kinda rocky so far. I will at least have a new transmission and CSC out of this deal, but hopefully the rest of the car isn't ready to fall apart. I have read on here about some CSC issues causing input shaft failures, so I'm hoping that's all this is.
z33kyle is offline   Reply With Quote