View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 12:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Alfa 4C, hands down. Not really an automatic, but a robotized twin-clutch manual. That's a bit of a stretch for your qualification, I know. But the way that car makes you feel every time you are behind the wheel, or even just looking at it, means that it should qualify. To me, anyway. Your mileage may vary.

Other than that, you won't find a more raw, non-assisted drive out there unless you go Ariel or Caterham. Lotus would be a close second to the Alfa, if you are into driving Tuperware.

If you must have the 3rd pedal in a basic driver's car, then the MX-5 Miata (oldest generation seems to be the favourite amongst pure enthusiasts, but you have to live with a pretty low output engine). Since we're on the subject of older models, a Honda S2000 is a good bet, if you don't mind continually flogging the engine to redline to get it to move at all. Honda, who are normally Jedi Masters of the torque band in small engines, really left all the grunt until the top end of the revs there from what I understand.

Almost anything modern is really a set of computers between you and the car. The new Mustang and Camaro are case in point. Doesn't mean you cannot have a ball with them though.

I hear that the Fiat 500 Abarth is a blast for the money. I just don't cotton to the looks.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote