Thread: Almost new 2017
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 08:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
gsx95
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370Z Roadster
gsx95 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyzilla View Post
Nice - congrats. Would you mind explaining what it was about the miata that you felt were missing? I'm sure you looked at the latest gen miata...I'd like to hear about your thoughts on that as well
The Miata was a truly connected driving experience, with a fantastic transmission and "just enough" of everything...power, grip, balance and handling, braking power, ease of soft top function, etc, but most of my driving was on heavily trafficked highways where "just enough" wasn't enough. It's a great car to drive slow, but even driving "fast" in that car is slow. I really wanted something with more power, grip, comfort and even weight, with the same fun-to-drive aspects I loved in the Miata. The 370z fits the bill in all respects. I didn't actually look at the new Miata, because it is essentially the same driving experience as every other Miata before it, so it's a lot of money for the same thing. I probably will have another one in the future, and would have just kept it if I had the garage space...but something had to go and the 370z fills the same function, only better, lol!
gsx95 is offline   Reply With Quote