View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 10:45 AM   #21 (permalink)
Nikon FM
Track Member

Drives: 03 996TT Porsche
Nikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertex View Post
Hey guys, quick update...

The first dealer that I went to, where I test drove the car, contacted me and they have one coming in exactly as I want but the guy is selling it to me $1,300 over invoice. I sent him back an email offering him $500 over invoice and he said no.

Also, quick question. I'm going to be trading in my Nissan Pathfinder which the lease is up in July, I was hoping that Nissan had some type of "customer loyalty" program of sort so that the remaining payments of my lease could be "forgiven", but the salesman told me no and that the remaining payments would be rolled into the price of the Z. Do you guys know if usually when you trade your lease for another car of the same company they do anything like that?

One last thing, both dealers that i've gotten prices from have come in at about $1k+ over invoice. I wonder if the market that i'm in, South Florida, might be working against me in a way and preventing me from getting the $500 over invoice or invoice as some of you have gotten. I'm starting to wonder if $1,300 over invoice it's "fair" in my market, I would hate for the car to just pass my by while i'm here fighting for something that no dealer will abide by. Suggestions?

Couple observations:

The market and price people are paying for their cars seems to be different depending on where in the country they live.....Most likely due to local economies.

My experience especially with the 370Z......the internet sales people are not the best sales people to work through. Going in to the dealerships and working the deals directly seems to produce better deals or lower prices. (This is only the case when you are able to walk away from a sales person.)

Good luck!

Buddy Revell: "One man's sooner is another man's later"
Nikon FM is offline   Reply With Quote