View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 02:19 PM   #30 (permalink)
GraphiteZ
Base Member

Drives: 05 Elise and 13 GTI
GraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
I have a different view on things.

We all know by now that 2018 is probably the last year of the Z. 9 years is not that long of a run. IMHO, the car is perfect the way it is! I don't think it needed more power or more electronic doodads. It remained true to its roots and soldiered on. This is what made it unique among sports cars. I bought a '16 Nismo because of it. It was a car that fascinated me. I could've got a redesigned Mustang or Camaro with loads more horsepower with loads of bells/ whistles, but they did not interest me. Those cars are a dime a dozen and can be spotted at every street corner nowadays. You either get what the Z is about or you don't. Believe me once they're gone, everyone will want one. Personally I'm happy Nissan kept it the same and is on the verge of announcing its cancellation. We all know what the replacement would've been........hybrid this and crossover that. It would've basically been a completely different car/crossover with a Z badge. Look at what Mitsubishi is planning to do with the Eclipse! Another f**king SUV!

By the way, Lotus hasn't changed the Elise/Exige in a very long time. Anyone complaining?
I think you are giving Nissan too much credit for doing nothing. I, too, like the Z being simple and think it has enough power. However, there are things that Nissan omitted to do to keep the car relevant in the segment. Beside finally upgrading the clutch in 2018, the engine is still harsh at high rpm, transmission is still clunky, interior is still noisy, LSD is still weak... As a former 40th AE owner, I really think the car will be much more enjoyable to drive if those issues were being addressed.
There is no complain about the Elise/Exige being old because it is still the benchmark of uncompromised driving experience. Alfa 4C was a nice try but the lack of manual transmission and Alfa reliability keep potential buyers away.
GraphiteZ is offline   Reply With Quote