View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 11:52 AM   #2103 (permalink)
URBiN~HURMiT
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z 6MT
URBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3RSTY7 View Post
Hey Topz, any updates on the kit? Specifically to what I ordered--would you be able to get everything from Stillen minus the blower or would it just be easier for me to get their kit and buy the A2A alone? They're having a black friday sale on the SC kit at stillen so I'm just tempted to do that for now so at least I'm getting started unless you have a better bracket. The blower I sent into 928 I've received one friggin email in the month they've had it. They suggested I replace the shaft but they don't have the part, I asked them if I could order a part from somewhere else and have it shipped to them rather than them just sending me back the blower to ship elsewhere which they never responded to, then I sent another email asking them to ship back the blower and give me back a refund minus shipping and still haven't heard anything back. I'm tempted to file a dispute with paypal but 928 would still have my blower so I feel like I have no leverage whatsoever if I don't want to chance getting screwed. I definitely advise people to stay away from 928 right now, I'm about to sh!t all over their facebook page with complaints I'm trying to be chill but this is getting crazy. I get that superchargers might be their side business taking the bench to their porsche 928 work or whatever tf, but never answering their phone/responding to voicemails or email this long is unacceptable
Welcome to the world of aftermarket parts and service ...
A month wait isn't uncommon.
It took about 3 months for Vortech to rebuild my SC'r with the upgraded impeller.
I've been waiting 3 months for a steering wheel that was promised in 2 weeks
6 months for a twin fuel pump set up ... + more

Since then I've gone over to twin turbos ...
The car has now been in build for 4 years - long story on that one.
Mega parts delays, and extreme incompetency on the part of 2 different shops resulting in 2 blown motors.
I can't tell you how many times I've heard the phrase '2 weeks' only to have it turn in to 2 months and longer.

The car is now at MA-Motorsports in Glen arm Maryland and they are the best - race proven - extremely knowledgeable, talented, reliable, and honest.
Should have taken the car there in the first place.

Patience is a virtue when building a car - remember that you are at the mercy of others.