View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 09:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991Z32 View Post
IF I do as you say (granted I get the car started again) and pull the fuse while it's running I should be able to restart without issue???
YES

The engine doesn't need to be running, but the car at least needs to be in accessory mode (start button says ACC) when you pull the fuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991Z32 View Post
I haven't seen on here anyone say to remove the fuse while the car is running for units that have started to fail...
Then you didn't comprehend what you read. I did the same thing the first time I tried to remove the fuse (i.e. tried it with the car off). Then I went back and read again and realized I didn't do it right. No issues five years later.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote