View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 06:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

A dealer called me to let me know that a guy was getting his guided tour to his new TT RS, so I checked it out. I love the looks:

While I was there I test drove the TT S and a RS3. The interior, instruments, size and visibility are all amazing on both cars. You could definitely feel the TT S wants to understeer, but it also wants to stick to the ground no matter what, and the driving modes make things interesting. Turbo lag for the TT S was insane, but I suppose you could learn how to work with it. Once it got going, even the 4 cylinder really got going. With the Quattro and turbo, it is definitely faster than the Z, but boy, you really appreciate the Z's handling and flat powerband not to mention the lower center of gravity.

The RS3 was less jankey than the TT S, but when it got going, it is a crazy, controlled rocket. I can only imagine that engine in the TT RS. The only problems with the RS3 for me are the looks and that it is a sedan. Very nice car though.

So the TT RS is definitely on the top of my list. I may test drive the M240i, but to be honest I just don't want to drive a BMW.

One thing that I do know is that if I get the TT RS, I will buy it instead of lease and I will keep the Z. I really hate the 20" wheels and those would be replaced immediately.
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote