View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 03:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laomatik View Post
Is that for a full muffler? I was hoping for something to add to my silencer and be able to take on and off.
These are 15" long "hot-dog" style silencers.

My race car (5-litre V8, 14.2:1 on E85) runs 1.75" primaries into 3" collector into one of these mufflers (3" in and out) each side of the car and that is the ONLY muffler on the car and it is 93 Dba on 30metre drive-by test.

I have a pair of these on each side of my 370Z (one under the seats and the other at the rear) with motorsport cats (100cpi) and it passes the 75Dba drive-by on the track but still sounds "fat".

If you want your car to be "loud" on the street and you are being forced to be "quiet" on the track, the 65 y.o. in me thinks you might be a bit anti-social, but that's just an aside.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote