Thread: Walking Dead
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 04:27 PM   #1234 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

JDM was very good as Negan (and his backstory was consistent with the "Here's Negan" mini-series by Skybound/Kirkman, which is pretty good).

HOWEVER, comic Negan (and TV Negan too? They are more similar than dissimilar, unlike, say, TV Rick vs. Comic Rick), would have almost certainly stabbed the preacher, tossed bits of him out one side, and then walked out the other covered in maximum zombie goo, rather than share it with an unlikely ally.

Other than that, I will even give AMC a few points for making some sense of the "We're Negan" thing (basically it's equivalent to "Senator"/Outpost Leader).

Points lost for the fan service Rick vs Daryl fight -- total nonsense. Also, unfortunately, I don't think comic Rick (because Kirkman didn't think of it -- again this story arc is not really well developed... AMC has room to improve it) would have refused hurling in the dynamite to wipe out the Saviors and end the war.

I mean they did let loose a zombie herd into the Savior compound. That means a lot of non-combatants will die horrible deaths trapped in there (starve or eaten alive). Soooo, yeah, the out of the blue narrative about concern over the "civilians" is a little late.

Next week: The Return of the Garbage People?!?

Also, Rick threatens to wipe them all out if they don't help. Huh? What happened to not killing innocents? Not all the Garbage people betrayed Rick -- just their leader.