View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh, I remember the ads. "Rich, Corinthian leather". Meant nothing, but when Ricardo Montabaln said it, women swooned.

Sorry I cannot help you on the (re-)build.

It was more a luxury car than American muscle, and shared a lot with the Chrysler Newport (we had the latter - it ran forever). Since you're talking a 40-year-old car, I don't know how many useful donor cars you'll even find anymore for parts. Surely, most scrap yards baled the carcasses for scrap steel a decade ago. Hopefully, there are some other, more commonly restored models which have similar enough parts still available in the after-market, to fit.

I'd suggest finding some good restoration forums (even if it is not specific to that model, maybe MOPAR ones can be of assistance). From there, it all depends on how much money and time you care to sink into it.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote