View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 09:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute

I think everyone at some point in their lives have had anxiety/depression symptoms. While it may become chronic in certain, predisposed people, there are those who experience it as a temporary condition. I've had my share of symptoms during my 63 years of existence, but it was probably something that was innate in me that allowed it not to consume my entire life.

Others (like my wife) were raised in a different environment than me which allowed the symptoms to become a more normal way of life. I could never understand why she was the way she was until I learned more about her parents, and in particular, her upbringing and family dynamics. They were never nurturing, hardly ever showed affection for one another; and this was a 180° departure from the way I grew up.

Now that I've seen these "environmental" issues that shes had to contend with (as a child and young adult), I often wonder how she became as "normal" as she is today. It's not always your fault when you become anxious or depressed, it has a lot to do what you've endured/had to overcome that plays an important role in how you learn to deal with this thing called "life".

Being surrounded by loved ones, family, friends and co-workers who understand what one is going through can be life-altering. It's hard to stay positive 100% of the time, but it's how you handle the lows that makes it so rewarding when you hit the highs. Just remember, you are not alone in your struggles...
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club
mults is offline   Reply With Quote