View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 05:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute
Default tapping noise at idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
When I first got my Z I heard a tapping coming from the rear of the right side head. I thought I had a valve train issue. It turned out to be purge control valve. That's what you may be hearing. I could hear it if I was standing on the left side of my engine bay but it was a little more quiet. You can put your finger on it and feel it pulsating for every tap.

I think if it was an oil pressure issue you would possibly have advance and retard issue for the intake cam since they are driven by oil pressure.

Hope this helps, I can only do so much over the interwebs.

That might explain the fuel odors I’ve been smelling then if it is the purge valve lol

Just to clarify though, is it the pcv valves at the front if the engine you’re talking about or the actual purge valve on the canister? Cause i replaced pcv with new oem like a month ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Z_ealot; 11-08-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote