View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 04:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
Dreadnaught
Track Member

Drives: 14 SR 370z 6MT
Dreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
Seems to switch from right to left sometimes, but yeah most often from the top right of the rear of the engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I first got my Z I heard a tapping coming from the rear of the right side head. I thought I had a valve train issue. It turned out to be purge control valve. That's what you may be hearing. I could hear it if I was standing on the left side of my engine bay but it was a little more quiet. You can put your finger on it and feel it pulsating for every tap.

I think if it was an oil pressure issue you would possibly have advance and retard issue for the intake cam since they are driven by oil pressure.

Hope this helps, I can only do so much over the interwebs.