View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
mcphelps
Base Member

Drives: 09 Sprt/Tr/Nav PG M6
mcphelps has a spectacular aura aboutmcphelps has a spectacular aura aboutmcphelps has a spectacular aura about
Default First Fuel Starve on 8 year old Z

So after 72k miles, I've had my first two fuel starve incidents withing two days on hard right turns. This is a right turn I've been doing for a few years, taking the 90° corner at about 25; not really too aggressive. The first on was just a little bucking, and then recovered. The second one, with a little bit less fuel in the tank, resulted in the car to completely quit running, but restarted after coming to a stop. The fuel gauge was 7 dots; registering about a 1/3 of a tank. After about an additional 10 miles of city driving, I filled the tank and found that it took 14 gallons to fill. The fuel gauge then shows one dot below "Full" which had been the norm for this car. Taking the corner after filling it resulted in no sputter or dying.

Does this seem typical of the problem? Is it something that can manifest as the car ages? Like I said, after 8 years, this is a first, and I'm pretty sure I've done harder turns with less fuel without issues. Still just in the "spirited driving" mode; nothing too aggressive. I'm also think my gauge might be off as the remaining 5 gallons maybe should be registering less than what it was; maybe a 1/4 tank, being a 19 gallon tank. I know that this is also an issue with Z's, but all in all, it seems like a new problem with this car.
mcphelps is offline   Reply With Quote