View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 05:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
OhioYJ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
OhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
I think you are able to fit 350z wheels if I am not mistaken, especially with your spacers
My 370Z is my daily driver (I have other toys that sit in the garage, even though the wife thinks the Z counts as one). I picked up a set of 18" Rays 350Z wheels for mine, and they clear the sport brakes, no spacers needed:

Couple things, I found several posts when I was reading about this about people having issue with the traction control / stability control when going to far away from the factory diameter tire size. Although I think this was mainly when they ended up with different sizes front and rear. This was one reason I ended up going 245/45/18, which maintained the same overall diameter as my factory 19" Rays (well so close it didn't matter). This also kept my speedometer correct. If you have 18s, your diameter maybe different, so do your own calculations. While a narrower 225 would have been better, the 245s did fine for me last winter. I will say we didn't get anything serious here in Ohio last year though.

The other part here was I ended up having my buddy at a local tire shop clone my existing TPMS so my car doesn't know which wheels are on the car, I just swap between the two freely. You can buy these programmers / readers / sensors, but probably easier to find a shop that can do this. Tire rack can do this but you have to give them the ID of your existing sensors. A tire shop can give you this. This can be done without breaking down the tire.
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote