View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
AstatenateZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
AstatenateZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
ok, this is stupid

What suspension control arms are you using?

Is the alignment tech at "Nissan" familiar with adjustable suspension arms?

It seems like you're not TRYING to run -6 or whatever camber, so if you have that adjustability and still have a ****** up suspension, the problem MUST be:

1) You're using some low quality suspension arms or something is defective

or

2) Your alignment tech is incompetent and doesn't know how to adjust adjustable components
A buddy of mine with the same one’s ordered mine on the invoice I just had price. They were $220 shipped. Which is about how much SPC (little cheaper) & SPL ‘s go for. They seem very durable and well built. Beefy metal. Beefy hardware and I’ve checked them. I’m also running SPL toe bolts. They camber arms are not bent, loose locking nuts or anything. I lubed the bushings last night and I heard the squeaking noise was normal on most all aftermarket camber arms. So the squeak went away and all appears fine with the camber arms.

But yes you’re correct. I just got the wheels to fender fitment where I wanted it. I could go a little bit more positive and still have good fitment and be okay with it. Yes the Nissan tech (a good friend of mine) has a lowered 240 and is familiar with adjustable camber arms, and other components. So if the tech is competent and knows how to properly adjust it (its adjusted all the way positive as it can and still at -5.3 / -5.4) does that mean camber arms failure? Or do I just need to just put OEM ones back on and see how it sits and get realigned?
AstatenateZ is offline   Reply With Quote