View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 11:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix023 View Post
Does the noise go away when you put the car in gear? Sometimes my car makes a similar noise when I get home (I use a carport and frequently drive with windows open, so get a lot of engine noise bounce) but it seems transmission related as it goes away when I engage the transmission. In my case I think it is a matter of the harmonics of a low rpm idle from a warm engine and the characteristics of the transmission/clutch elements.

Tapping seems to be related to oil pressure in my case as when i rev the engine there is no tapping, but as soon as it settles back down to idle where oil pressure is lower when things are warmed up it starts tapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote