View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
OldGuy
Base Member

Drives: '09370Z Red Base A7
OldGuy has a spectacular aura aboutOldGuy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan View Post
I apologize in advance if this question is in the wrong forum but...what kind of mileage should a "brand new" car have? I bought my first '06 Z and it had only 9 miles on it. I'm going in to look at a 2010 Roadster this weekend and the dealer says it has 24 miles on it. Usually this wouldn't bother me too much but they, much too willingly and easily, offered me under invoice in less than 2 emails back and forth. It got me wondering if they're trying to pass off a tester to me...
70 miles on mine. My Z appears to have been perfect. Hard to find any with no miles (fewer than 5) on them, unless you order the car and are there to take delivery when it arrives. Maybe it's because there are relatively few Z's at most dealerships, that so many of them have to be used to give a test drive or two before they are eventually sold. I just hope the potential buyer didn't abuse mine when he put some of those 70 miles on it. I was always careful when I drove a demo car out of concern for that final buyer, notwithstanding the stupid salesman urging me to "Go ahead, see what she'll do..."
OldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote