View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 06:31 PM   #49 (permalink)
Spartan 1771
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Wife crazy & 09 370Z
Spartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsz View Post
I didn't make any mods to the internal oiling system or pan other then the Stillen kit. Z still has stock suspension so a soft ride compared to aftermarket springs. I had springs on my 1979ZX, big difference on track and street. I would like the 34 row Setrab core but not sure if the hoses and connectors are the same. Otherwise I would need to buy the whole new kit for $600.00 and trash the nice hoses and other parts from the Stillen set-up. Just wondering if I'm the only one with this issue. I would gladly pay the difference for the better core after what I've been though. I just don't want to be the guy that shuts down the track for 20 minutes while they lay down oil dry and brush it off next year. I'll call Stillen tomorrow and see what they say.
This is really strange. I realize the pan and spacer most likely have nothing to do with it, but I was just trying to get a better understanding of what work you have done to the car and any potential issues that could have resulted from that work.

I have a mishimoto cooler and have had zero issues with it for the year I've had it. If I were you, I would most likely replace the entire thing. I realize that's going to cost you quite a bit, but the consequences to losing pressure and oil could cost you a lot more. If you decided to replace it again with the same model, you should consider also installing an oil pressure gauge. At least then you will know immediately when there is an issue.

-DD Air Guide, Stillen G3 CAIs, 63mm Throttle Bodies, Motordyne M370, Berk HFCs, FI TDX CBE (non-res, CF), Sprint booster v3, Ecutek Dyno Tuned, and the list goes on...

Last edited by Spartan 1771; 10-30-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Spartan 1771 is offline   Reply With Quote