View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 06:13 PM   #198 (permalink)
Ghh0st
Base Member

Drives: '13 370z WP 6MT
Ghh0st has much to be proud ofGhh0st has much to be proud ofGhh0st has much to be proud ofGhh0st has much to be proud ofGhh0st has much to be proud ofGhh0st has much to be proud ofGhh0st has much to be proud ofGhh0st has much to be proud ofGhh0st has much to be proud ofGhh0st has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Business Kat View Post
Lack of Power - Limp Mode - Shut Offs - SOLVED

Read through the whole thread for details but here's the gist of it.

Car: 2013 370z with stillen supercharger. Installed and tuned in CA. Moved to Texas. Problems started.

Problems: Car hesitated under 3k rpm and then would take off just fine. Random limp modes. Random codes involving throttle body, air flow, etc. Car would sputter at idle. Couldn't find correct idle at idle. Misfires. Stalls. You name it.

Solution: After taking it to a mechanic time and time again to fix whatever problems would happen we finally found the source. Throttle bodies if you catch it too late, otherwise it's the throttle position sensor. When you get Stillens kit they send you an extension cable. This cable is conveniently placed in an area exposed to heat. Here is said sensor:

In my case, so they told me, the sensor would over heat and cause all these problems. Sometimes it would totally shut the car down as a safety mechanism. Also, in my case, we had to replace the throttle body because the little thing the tps plugs into, that's attached to the throttle body, needed to be replaced as it was more or less fried. But they don't make that individual part so we had to replace the whole thing.

Here is the new insulated cable:

As you can see it's much heftier than than before.

Here is the little connector thingy that got fried. Or maybe they upsold me:

And here is another angle of where the cable plugs into the thingy on the throttle body:

And here is a shot of the whole thing because why not:

For my duration with this problem all problems were random and inconclusive. A restart fixed it half the time. One time I waited 2 days and it turn on. Finally had it towed to nissan where the car started right up perfectly fine. Someone with a non supercharged Z please post if this helps because I know you guys have the same problem too and If the remedy is the same then we've found the cure. All in all I'm glad it was solved and I can sell the car knowing the next guy won't have to deal with this nonsense.

Thank you all for your support through this and I hope all you guys with this problem out there get it solved as well.
What is the part number for the cable, and where can I find the insulated one? Thanks!!
Ghh0st is offline   Reply With Quote